12.15.2008

I got my snow day

Only thing is we didn't get snow we got sleet and now it is froze so hard to the streets-highs for today in the 20's but it feels like 1 below-Oh how I LOVE it!!! The beans are out of school YAY! Now if I can find the Griswald family sled we will be in bidness.



Since I had the camera out here are some pix of our tree- the beans did all the decorating


Mom came over yesterday and brought me my Birthday gifty-My B-day is Dec 18th I will be 38-Deb has my addy if you want to send gifts,cash or warm B-Day wishes...I kid I kid...If I got nothing else my Birthday would be complete before it got here...Mom gave me MY China-I say 'my' because being the oldest I staked claim to it the day I was born-my first word wasn't mama or dada it was CHI-NA
Isn't it BEAUTIFUL? I LOVE it-Then mom gave me the sweetest card and a personal message that turned me into a blubbering mess along with some cash-who doesn't LOVE cash? However the gifts weren't through-she also got me....drum roll please.......feeble attempt at making drum roll noises....
The Bare Minerals Diamond Collection-I literally had to hide this from oldest bean-I wasn't kidding when I said they(the girl beans) take everything I get!!! This is my very Favorite make-up EVER and when I saw it on QVC I had no idea mom would get it for me

Thank You Mom I Love you so so so much and not just because you give the best gifts but because I wouldn't want any other mama in the world!

------------------------------------------

Now I need to do a few shout outs that are a LONG time in the making-I won a few contests in the past weeks errr months...
Stitchen sent me the cutest embroidered doggy bag
Terri sent me the cutest snowman bath set
Elle Bee sent me a very nice consolation prize of a journal,holiday pencils & beautiful notecards

Ladies I was honored to win your Contest Please forgive this mental case for my delay in posting about my wonderful wins.

Last but not least Please go give Deb a vote at Jennifer's place CLICK ME to be transported to the contest page.

My Confession for today: I am gonna make potatoe soup useing my handy dandy 'Tater Mitts' that bestie got me

32 comments:

  1. I saw my name in lights!!!

    Your tree is gorgeous! Very well done beanie weenies.

    Now go play in the ice, er, snow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tree is spectacular, and the China, BEAUTIFUL! Now lets honor the Bare Minerals with an Angelic "Awwwwwww"! I am rationing what is left of mine! Great gifts! You go Momma!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tater Mits?
    You got Tater Mits?!
    Your so lucky : )

    I'm glad your Birthday is such a great time for you, I love birthdays too, and to get the family china...The best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow- you got some awesome present considering your birthday is so close to Christmas- Happy BIRTHDAY

    ReplyDelete
  5. Show some pix of those SS gifts I am so dayum jealous of!!! I LOVE the china and the tree! And ICE?! You have got to be kidding me! And eat something for god's sake, G! Your legs look like you have rickets or scurvey. heh heh (I love ya, Jess!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty tree. Love Bare Minerals. Snow is okay but ice sucks. Deb's funny.

    Told you I'm short on time today. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are totally spoiled rotten! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to know your tator soup recipe.

    And let me know how you like your makeup. I SOOOO want that. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww, you're too sweet! But what in the world are Tater Mits?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy early birthday! I love the China. I've already claimed my Moms (that was handed down from my Grany) even though I am the youngest. I'm the only girl so I think it should always be handed down to women. I won't let her give it to me yet because we always eat at her place for Thanksgiving on them and I don't want that to change. Also, the tree looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. your tree is beautiful. wow and the china is so nice. i always love receiving something that meant so much to the family. when ever you use it or look at it the memories make you glow inside. oh and you lucky girl for getting bare essentials. i absolutely love that line of makeup. i started collecting it a few years back and oooooo my skin loves me for it. so have fun and have a merry christmas. *hug*

    ReplyDelete
  12. So I am missing out with this Bare Minerals stuff huh! My face has only been blessed with CVS makeup :)

    Awesome Chi-Na :)

    So I guess I need to send on over a gift certificate for your bleach session :)

    Happy Early Birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your tree and the china are beautiful. Happy early birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy upcoming B-day, you young thing. Also, I love that china but I don't recommend using it in your new redneck establishment. Your customers might start throwing at each other. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awwww I love the CHina, the hutch reminds me of the one in my grandma's old house, brought back lots of memories! And a BIG YAY for the Bareminerals Diamond Collection...LOVE IT! And My b-day is the 17th..2 days and I'll be 30..so another BIG YAY for DECEMBER BIRTHDAYS!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lucky you - b-day gifts and a snow day. That ice and snow is coming my way (Ohio). We are under a winter storm advisory. Usually that means we see a flake or two. When they aren't calling for snow is when we get dumped on!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this post! What a great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Haha! My DAD always says "bidness" lmao.

    We got like a foot of snow and I hate my life. My shoe wardrobe is so unprepared for this.

    ReplyDelete
  19. YAY for snow, well or kinda snow! Hope the kiddos had fun and your tree looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, you lucky girl!! What a great Christmas you're having already!
    Stop by and pick up your award and feel free to pass it on, just not to Binks cus I already nabbed her LOL

    ReplyDelete
  21. Happy almost bday! And I'm jealous of your cold weather! It's in the 70's here this week...NOT fair!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Living in the Wine Country of California means no snow for me :( BTW What are Tater-mitts?

    PS: I posted my SSS gift, did ya see?

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your tree is beautiful! Your mom is sweet and I love your china!!

    It snowed here yesterday and hasn't gotten above zero all day. My ears about froze OFF when I was shoveling today. Brrrrrr....

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy Birthday Georgie!!!!!!

    I am so happy for you! And that makeup kit- omgosh- looks so fun! I would love to have that. I have heard much ado about it (BM).
    Let me know how you like the product.



    Happy Birthday, Georgie!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Listen you young thing there's no need to brag about your age all over your blog post ; )
    Happy, happy day!! Your mom did good!! Happy to hear you made the most of our ice day, looks like we are going to have another tomorrow...
    yippee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Have a fantastic Birthday! I swear I am sending you my shipping info tomorrow, (Tues) Don't put me on the naughty list... I swear...tomorrow it will get to the post ofice

    ReplyDelete
  27. Happy, happy day! (a tad early...)

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a beautiful tree and even more beautiful China! I can't have my China until mom is gone, so I hope to never ever get it!! It has been passed down three generations already! I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  29. That tree is pretty - I am jeaous. Doesn't look like we will have one this year due to renovation HELL.
    Look at you with the Birthday gifts, lucky girl. Funny, my friend has the same china that she inherited from her Grandma. Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your tree is beautiful and the china your mom gave you looks very nice also. Go ahead and enjoy a cup of tea in one of those pretty cups! :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. How cool is this! My mom always out does her self too! What could be better than having a super cool mom that knows you so well?

    Love the china, the tree, and the makeup collection-very pretty

    ReplyDelete