We really did have a wonderful summer vacation and now that we are home and the suitcases are finally unpacked and all the laundry is caught up, I had some time to sit and reflect...
Here are some of the things I learned on this road trip
* You never know who you will meet along the way-
while in New Mexico we met Michelle who I found out lives in Okay(where Ena lives)who in fact lives right down the road from Ena, who remembers my Papa when he worked at the school house in Okay, Michelle has the cutest son-who rides the school bus that my cousin drives,she(Michelle) is related to a guy that used to have cattle on my Papas land...it really is a small world
* That just because a map says there is a town appx 10 miles down the road-it doesn't mean that said town will have any structure that remotely resembles a bathroom, so you hold your breath and hope that the next town 10 miles down the road does and when it doesn't you decide that the tumbleweed if positioned correctly could block an onlookers view, then your eyes turn yellow and you just don't care who sees you droppin drawers...
* That there IS a reason it takes your teenage son an extra 15 minutes before he shucks off the blankets and gets out of bed-there are some things a mother should NEVER see...just sayin...
* That a third row should have it's own special place in Heaven
* Telling your entire family that they really should try and pack 2 to a suitcase knowing that the extra room will be nice-having your husband say nawww it will be okay-then watching him swear at the PT Cruiser as he can't load 5 bags and 5 people in the rental-then watching his face as I offer to strap him to the roof instead of saying "I told ya so"
* That the Grand Canyon really is Grand
* Feeling like a true destination expert by reading and researching your destinations for months, trying to prepare everyone and having no one listen to your advice- like bring at least one set of warm clothing for the higher elevations and then not feeling bad that they have icycles hanging off their eyelashes and you don't because YOU headed your own advice...
* That water is the BEST thing for altitude sickness
* That other States really don't have a Quick Trip on every corner
* Realizing we only saw 2 Wal*Marts on our entire 7 day trip and NO Targets-how do these people survive?
* Are we there yets is the reason God invented ear plugs
* It really is BEAUTIFUL out West
* That the Big Texan is over-rated but I am glad we expierenced it
* That I want to move to Pagosa Springs-even tho' they get 38 FEET of snow in the winter
* The memories we made will be forever branded into my mind and heart
* That Jess shares my fear of flying
* That the guys in my life are very lucky that none of the girls were expierencing PMS during this trip
* That you can get use to the scent of sulpher and end up thinking it actually smells good
* The peoples of the Mesa Verde were very advanced for their time-it was just amazing
* That if you can find a convience store and have to use the potty that you MUST purchase something first or they won't give you the key
* That if you stop to get gas and leave your drivers lic. as colateral-it is best to remember to get your drivers lic. back before you leave the state-I did not do this however my brainiac husband did-then you call the store and ask them to mail your drivers lic. back to you because you are 300 miles and a state away and they act like you are trying to rip them off
* That getting your 'end of summer' tan before the end of June isn't such a bad thing-it makes you feel skinnier
My confession for today: My PC needs to go see a doctor
4 hours ago