2.22.2012

whats goin on....

Hey ya'll....how's it goin? Since my I <3 my Family post I have been scraped off the earth apparently...sigh...It's all good, really it is...sometimes when people are faced with some truths they run for the hills...

Speaking of hills...we got a wedding to plan!!!! I am making a cookbook for Abby & Joe. Abby honestly doesn't know how to cook anything other than ramen noodles and lipton noodles...it's all my fault!

I'm calling it the 'Newlywed Cookbook'  and am adding recipes that she likes, and would like to include YOU'R favs...I have contacted her future mother in law-so her new hubs will eat what she cooks,aunts,cousins,grandmas and her dad and now I am asking you....

For easy very detailed recipes for 2 youngins...or even a story for them-that I can print off and add to the Newlywed cookbook...whether its when you learned what's a dash vs a pinch or be sure and add salt or oil to boiling water for pasta...your goto superbowl appetizer for friends...Lets not forget the holidays.

I imagine there will be many a burnt pot or pan...

So can you help a sister out? Email me your recipes/advice/quotes/words of wisdom to georgienba @ yahoo dot com.

My confession for today: As Julia Child would say.... “Always start out with a larger pot than what you think you need.”




17 comments:

  1. A can of pineapple. A bottle of BBQ sauce. Chicken Breasts, frozen.

    Pile them all up in a crockpot, cook on low all day. Takes about 5 hours on average for it to be ready.

    Shred the chicken while it's still in the crockpot, all warm.

    Serve on white rice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Frozen Ravioli. A bottle of Alfredo sauce. Pile in crockpot. Add minced garlic (it comes in a tiny jar found in the produce section, some salt and pepper and 1/4 teaspoon of italian dressing mix. Cook on low about 4 hours.

    Cook allday. I have that cooking in the crockpot today for the first time... I've been told the house smells delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Frozen Ravioli. Spaghetti sauce of your choice. Shredded cheese.

    Moist the bottom of cooking pan with some sauce. Layer ravioli, sauce, cheese, ravioli, sauce, cheese to suited quantity.

    Bake on 400 for about 20 mins (depends)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can tell me to stop anytime...

    ReplyDelete
  5. A mix of stuffing. Some chicken breasts.

    Cook up the stuffing. I like to add cream of mushroom to it, it adds flavor.

    Spray baking pan with PAM or something. put in all the stuffing. Lay chicken breasts on top.

    Bake at 350 for about half an hour, maybe 45 mins.

    ReplyDelete
  6. STOCK up on chicken broth. I swear by chicken broth. Substitute chicken broth for water whenever possible. OH I have one more recipe...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ground beef. Red Enchilada sauce. Shredded cheese. Taco toppings.

    Cook ground beef. Pour in enchilada sauce and cook until absorbed into meat.

    Cut up some lettuce, tomatoes, avocados, onions, whatever you like to put on a taco. Shredded cheese too.

    Makes good tacos! Use hard shells or soft tortillas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG! I am stealing ALL of these for my daughter too!

      Delete
  8. Georgie I have a few really good easy ones I'll email you and remember Pinterest is a great place to find quick and easy recipes :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was soooo excited to see you today at Dreaming. I haved missed you!
    I'll get some recipes to you soon!

    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  10. There's no denying that you have had a really rough few years of late. What a bumpy ride. I personally, have really missed you here in Bloggyland. Sure hope you can find some resolution and peace. Glad you're back online working out the kinks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Poor girl - i'm sorry! I've been dealing with rough family issues too! My 17 year old son has JELLO brain. Not living with me anymore and all the emotions that go with THAT! UGH!!
    I will email you some recipes! What a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank You all!!! These are perfect easy & simple, just what I was hoping for!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Glad to see you back. I'll send you a few for her!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is a fabulous idea!! I think the best cookbook for a beginner is the "Betty Crocker's Cookbook". It is step by step for EVERYTHING! But read each one you find becuz Betty puts out a few of them and be sure it's the step by step. I was given one when I was 11 and I still refer to it from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'll have to second the comment about Pinterest. I've found several fast and easy recipes there. I'll send you the links.

    ReplyDelete
  16. http://realmomkitchen.com/9947/italian-crescent-casserole/

    http://www.pillsbury.com/recipes/sloppy-joe-squares/071b1673-8bc6-4b1c-95b7-c04318455566/

    http://thebeverlybuzz.blogspot.com/2009/12/slow-cooker-lasagna.html

    http://thebeverlybuzz.blogspot.com/2008/12/chicken-pot-pie.html

    ReplyDelete