3.05.2012

Eureka!

The minute you arrive in Eureka Springs, Ar there is a calm that comes over you,imagine(humor me please-do it with me) inhaling deeply then exhaling, okay now times that by 10. It's hard to put in to words the feeling you get but I'm going to try...

For the past 15 years Eric & I have took an anniversary trip, We could go anywhere, within reason...I  mean Dubai is probably out, but there has  never been any question about where we would go. The Only question is... WHERE WILL WE STAY! We always stay some place new-to-us but we may have just found our home....

This year we stayed at The Peabody House




The Peabody House is located on Armstrong St-which is basically one street above the Historic downtown area of Eureka Springs. It's location is ideal for parking your car and walking to the shops and eateries in the downtown area. The main home features 3 beautiful yet unique suites-The Dashwood,Cheshire,Nautilus & behind the property is the Rivendell Cottage.

Upon arrival we were greeted by Faryl our Innkeeper/hostess extraordinaire. We were given a tour of the Inn and our room, The Dashwood Suite:






The Dashwood suite is the perfect combination of femininity & masculinity. A comfy king size bed with feather topper fitted with sheets fit for a King&Queen or an Egyptian Princess -YES they were that soft! The eggplant,green & gold color scheme of the suite felt modern yet timeless(think Jane Austen). The fireplace was a nice touch of ambiance as were the dimmer switches.  

The Dashwood is a three room suite, plenty of room yet still romantically cozy. At your fingertips and for your enjoyment a mini fridge,microwave,coffee,jacuzzi and on your deck 2 Kennedy rockers. I'm not sure if I used the jacuzzi or rockers more!

There was something so magical about sitting on the deck in the rocking chairs before the town below came alive, sipping coffee in the cool morning air. It was equally magical in the evenings as the sounds of Eureka's nightlife echoed up soothing my soul. In my humble opinion The Peabody House has the BEST location in town.

There are so many little extra surprises and so much more I could say about The Peabody House & Faryl but I feel they are better experienced than described! If you are considering a trip to Beautiful Eureka Springs-I highly recommend The Peabody so you too can experience the magic and surprises this lovely Inn has to offer.  Okay Okay I will give you one hint....there may have been a towel warmer in the bathroom.....but that's all the little extras I'm sharing, you gotta go book your stay to find out what else awaits you.,...

Here are some of the MANY comments from previous guests(click to enlarge)





The Food

It is a tradition for us to order Bubba's Barbecue to go and have a meal in our room. I have an issue with their coleslaw that Eric doesn't share...when I die I want  to be covered in okokok a bucket FINE a pint of Bubba's coleslaw buried with me-I love it that much! Their ribs are pretty darn good too!

Thanks to Erics desire to give "The Seinfelds" a run for their early dining time frame we were at  DeVito's by 5pm We were greeted by Teresa and given the BEST seat in the house,right in the center of floor to ceiling windows overlooking the new Sky seating area and a view of East Mountain.


I started with a cocotini which I pronounced as a cockatini-in my defense I had been sick the night before and Howard our server didn't make me feel like an idiot for mispronouncing this tasty cocktail!

We had 2 apps the Trout Fingers served with dill sauce and smoked trout filet



Both were DELISH!!!!! 

For main entree's Eric had the DeVito's Combo-Spaghetti and Ravioli of your choice, served with Italian sausage, meatball and DeVito’s marinara sauce and I ordered the Fettuccini Alfredo-Fresh Cream, Butter and Parmesan Cheese with smoked chicken & broccoli  




I wish this blog had scratch N sniff! I had to take my entree to go between the drink and apps I was stuffed like one of Erics raviolis! At this point I must tell you I guess I was lost in the view and the trout and my cocotini and the warm bread and great service I forgot I was at a very nice restaurant and NOT the Olive Garden(no offense to OG lovers-I LOVE OG) because I asked for a to go box and extra sauce for my pasta to which I'm told the Fresh Cream, Butter and Parmesan Cheese sauce is made to order FRESH for each dish! Of course it is...they don't have 'vats' of cheese sauce laying around the kitchen...what was I thinking! Thank You DeVito's for a GREAT meal!

This trip to Eureka Springs was more than an anniversary trip, I was able to purge a years worth of sadness,turmoil,inner conflict,pain and guilt...I gave it all up on this trip-it's like the wind that swirled around me gathered everything inside of me and swooshed it away up into the trees then into the blue skies. I entered a broken shell of a women and left the woman I once was....HAPPY,CONTENT and SECURE...yes a town can have that kind of impact on ones soul. I hope you all can experience it at least once in your lifetime.


My Confession for today: I finally feel whole again

For your enjoyment a few extra pictures














6 comments:

  1. I totally understand and I get it. You can't Descibe ES you just have to expericance it for yourself. You did a wonderful Job doing it though. I would love to go this year but we just went last year so I bet we can't but. I enjoyed living your trip through you. :) Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see by the photos and hear in your "voice" why you love that place so much. So glad you had a great time. Welcome back to yourself. It's been a long hard year for you...We've missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diane Parker3/05/2012 5:21 PM

    Wow~~~ LOVED your post !! Feel like we are in a parallel universe! We got married in Eureka 31 years ago this May 21st ~ I look forward to this trip all year long and somehow "persuaded" our daughter to marry there too ~ DeVito's hosted the rehearsal dinner. We have returned for our anniversary weekend yearly and have reservations at the Peabody House for this 32nd trip! I We have tried many places over the years and there is a lot of charm with many of them ~ but this place is great!! LOVE the location and the property!! DeVito's is the MUST DO on every trip ~ LOVE Howard ~ can't wait to try the sky dining!! Looking forward to our return trip in May ~~ !! also, it is the White Street Art Walk weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this post! -Jill from Down Right Creepy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! It's so beautiful! I don't think there is anything like that in utah....when I get my new life :) I want to go to ES to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We love this city! It is a fun place to visit.
    You have made me more hungrier than I was before
    reading your post!!!
    Glad to hear that you are happy, content and whole again. I know that you have had a tough time but
    you won!

    Melinda

    ReplyDelete